So, you know that dental SEO is important, and you know that you want to do it for your practice. But do you know where you should start?
Hi, I’m Xaña Winans, Founder and CEO of Golden Proportions Marketing, one of the largest and most experienced dental marketing agencies in the country.
The very first thing you need for a successful SEO strategy is a solid plan. To have a clear idea of what your SEO will look like, consider these four important questions:
Who is your audience?
First, you need to understand who you are trying to attract to your dental website.
- What are their needs?
- What are they looking for?
- Which stage of the new patient journey are they in?
How well are your competitors doing?
Next, take a peek at what your competition is up to.
- How are you ranking compared to them?
- What keywords are they ranking for?
- What are they doing well? And not so well?
What are your goals?
Also, have a clear idea of what your goals are, and make sure they are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time bound.
- What do you want to accomplish through SEO?
- Are you trying to attract new patients?
- Are you using SEO to build your brand?
How much will you spend?
Finally, know ahead of time how much you are willing to spend on your dental SEO.
- Does your budget take into account the size of your market and the amount of competition you’ll face for rankings?
- Will you supplement your organic SEO with paid search ads?
- Will you do any portion of the SEO in-house, or will you hire an experienced SEO professional?
If you do decide to hire someone (which is usually the best choice), remember to give us a call. We’ve been helping dentists with SEO for a long time, and we definitely know what we’re doing.
Thanks for watching!